forbot
Georgia
Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi order in Kutaisi
ALL.BIZGeorgiaKutaisiKutaisi servicesTransportation ServicesAircraft servicesAircraft rental, charter servicesTourist charter operationsGonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi
Order Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi
Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi

Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi

ID: 5383: 7009
Reconfirm the price with seller
0UAH
Do you have any questions about the product/service?
Please, leave your inquiry and company manager will contact you.
Georgia, Kutaisi
Services of other enterprises
Description


Gonio Fortress (Georgia. გონიოს ციხე, formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi.
The village is located 5 kilometers north of the Turkish border. The first mention of the fortress belongs to Pliny the Younger (I century BC. E.). In the II century AD it was a well-fortified Roman city in Colchis.
Later he came under the influence of Byzantium. The name "Gonio" was first mentioned in the report of Trebizond historian Michael Panaretos in the XIV century. For a time there was a place of Genoese trade.

In 1547 Gonio became part of the Ottoman Empire, it was not until 1878, when after the San Stefano treaty Adjara became part of the Russian Empire.
Description attractions Gonio Fortress

Gonio Fortress formerly called Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi. The village is located 5 kilometers north of the Turkish border.
The first mention of the fortress belongs to Pliny the Younger (I century BC. E.). In the II century AD it was a well-fortified Roman city in Colchis. Later he came under the influence of Byzantium. The name "Gonio" was first mentioned in the report of Trebizond historian Michael Panaretos in the XIV century. For a time there was a place of Genoese trade. In 1547 Gonio became part of the Ottoman Empire, it was not until 1878, when after the San Stefano treaty Adjara became part of the Russian Empire.
The city was also known for its theater and hippodrome. In addition, the tomb of the Apostle Matthew, one of the twelve apostles is alleged to be in the fortress Gonio. However, the Georgian government currently prohibits digging near the grave. Other archaeological excavations conducted in the fortress, focusing on Roman times.
Gonio is currently experiencing a tourism boom. Many tourists from Tbilisi in the summer months, enjoy the beaches, which are generally regarded as more environmentally friendly than the beaches around Batumi (located 15 km to the north of the fortress).

Contact the seller
Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi
Gonio Castle Gates. formerly known Apsaros or Asparunt) was a Roman outpost in Adjara, on the Black Sea, 15 km south of Batumi, at the mouth of the river Chorokhi
View also services categories "Aircraft rental, charter services"
for
by the goods
Your message must contain at least 20 symbols. The message must not be more than 2000 symbols.
Obligatory field is not filled
The field is wrongly filled
The field is wrongly filled
Compare0
ClearSelected items: 0